ApolloMed (NASDAQ: AMEH) is a physician-centric, technology-powered healthcare management company. We are building and operating a novel, integrated, value-based healthcare delivery platform to empower our physicians to provide the highest quality of end-to-end care for their patients in a cost-effective manner. Our mission is to combine our clinical experience, best-in-class delivery network, and technological expertise in order to improve patient outcomes, increase access to healthcare, and make the US healthcare system more efficient.
With over a million managed lives across the country and terabytes of data generated, our teams need to be continuously equipped with the tools and insights to drive strategy and innovation to further our core values of improving patient outcomes and empowering our providers.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Healthcare Data Analyst I. This role will report to the Analytics Manager and work closely with data engineers and clinical leaders to produce deliverables for internal and external clients.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and biased towards action. You can identify the 20% of the work that leads to 80% of the result, and mobilize and execute the high-impact work consistently. You enjoy thinking about complex and ambiguous problems and can execute consistently and add compounding value.
- Relentlessly resourceful. You enjoy taking ownership and can get things done without excuses. You are resilient, detail-oriented, and truly believe that no task is beneath you, even in the face of potential challenges.
- Growth-oriented. You are able to evaluate all perspectives, even if uncomfortable, and have the courage to adjust your views if necessary. You have the expertise and communication skills to balance a growth mindset with a bias towards action.
- Mission-driven. You are excited by the prospect of diving into complex problems that will drastically improve patient outcomes, while lowering the cost of a tremendously inefficient US healthcare system, where waste is over 40% and per-capita healthcare dollars spent is double that of other developed nations.
What you’ll do:
- Provide analytical support to internal and external stakeholders, particularly Business Operations and Finance Teams
- Contribute to measurement and evaluation of cost savings and improved health outcomes
- Convert complex data from multiple sources into meaningful, professional insights in easy to understand formats for various audiences
- Track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to understand business’ financial strengths and weaknesses and generate insights from data analyses on healthcare quality reporting and cost
- Build reports and contribute to monthly or quarterly updates
- Collaborate with fellow Data Analysts on best practice for data analysis and reporting
- Join a team with extremely high visibility
- Startup-like mentality and career trajectory in a recently IPO’d company (>1B market cap) targeting 100%+ growth y/o/y in 2021
- Work closely with highly collaborative leadership teams across multiple business units within managed care
- Bachelor's degree required in healthcare, analytics, statistics, finance, or related field; Master’s degree (MBA, MPH) preferred
- 2+ years experience in managed care or other healthcare data analytics field
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with SQL or similar relational databases
- Familiarity with business intelligence exploratory or visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI)
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data to produce accurate results and tell a story of those results in data visualizations, dashboards, and reports
- Strong written and oral communication skills